Grateful Dead Quotes
Top 60 Psychedelic Grateful Dead Quotes
Grateful Dead Quotes are for the aesthetic pleasure of peoples. Grateful Dead was an American rock music band that was famous for its catholic style. They meld the elements of rock, folk, jazz, bluegrass and psychedelic rock music. The name grateful dead was chosen from the old Britannica world language dictionary which means ‘the soul of a dead person, or his angel, showing gratitude to someone.
The importance of any musical band and artist cannot be always measured in musical parameters but sometimes it is important to consider the cultural impact it had outside of music and this is what grateful dead did during that psychedelic era. The theme of Grateful dead quotes is based on love and loss, life and death, beauty and beast, terror, and murder God and other moral themes.
The purpose of Grateful dead quotes is to inspire the people, to motivate them, to help people to cope with stressed and depressed life and to show gratitude what they have in their lives, to love people, and to come out of the dark into light. Here are some illustrious grateful dead quotes listed below:
1. “You got to listen to the heavens, you got to try to understand. The greatness of their movement is just as small as it is grand. Walk-In The Sunshine ” – Grateful Dead
2. “Wherever we run, we’ll never get far from what we leave behind. We can run, run, run, but we can’t hide. ” – Grateful Dead We Can Run But We Can’t Hide
3. “When God way up in heaven, for whatever it was worth, thought he’d have a big old party, thought He’d call it planet Earth. One More Saturday Night ” – Grateful Dead
4. “Rat cat ally, roll them bones, need that cash to feed the jones. And the politicians throwing stones, singing ashes, ashes, all Fall down. Throwing Stones” – Grateful Dead
5. “If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine And my tunes were played on the harp unstrung” –Grateful Dead
6. “Even a blind man knows when the sun is shining.” – Good Lovin – Grateful Dead
7. “If you assume you haven’t learned anything yet, there’s no reason your playing can’t stay dynamic all your life.” – Jerry Garcia – Grateful Dead
8. “It’s not enough to be the best at what you do. You must be perceived as the only one who does what you do. ” –Jerry Garcia – Grateful Dead
9. “We have a society that’s trying to make sure that nobody gets any adventures because adventures are dangerous and danger is bad.” – Bob Weir
10. “The rule is not written anywhere, it’s not etched in any but, I mean, that’s the prevailing attitude of this entire society. Don’t have an adventure.” – Bob Weir
11. “I can’t think of a place that’s more perfect For a person as perfect as you.” – Hell in a Bucket
You May Also like:
Seductive Grateful Dead Quotes about love:
Love is a complex set of emotions, interpersonal affection, and an extreme feeling of attachment and warmth for another person. Love of the mother can be different from the love of a father, which can differ from a love of spouse and a love of food.
Falling in love is easy but bumping into someone that can spark your soul is difficult. You cannot force someone to love you neither you can pretend it. Love cannot be imprisoned, it is inherently free, it cannot be bought and sold.
In grateful dead quotes love is beautifully expressed. Some marvelous quotes about love are given below:
12. “Without love, in the dream, it will never come true. Slipknot” – Grateful Dead
13. “Standing on the moon with nothing left to do. Lovely view of heaven, but I’d rather be with you. ” – Standing On The Moon Grateful Dead
14. “Love is like an April rain that makes the harvest grow. ” – Yellow Moon – Grateful Dead
15. “Did you ever waken to the sound of street cats making love? Looks Like Rai” – Grateful Dead
16. “Peaches in the summertime Apples in the fall, If I can’t get the girl I love I don’t want none at all” –Shady Grove – Grateful Dead
17. “I know you, rider, gonna miss me when I’m gone; Gonna miss your baby, from rolling in your arms.”-I know you rider ” – Grateful Dead
18. “I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines” – Loser – Grateful Dead
19. “I wanna love you night and day, you know my love not fade away.” – Not Fade Away– Grateful Dead
20. “A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.” – Grateful Dead, Box Of Rain
21. “Put your money where your love is. ” – Grateful Dead, Loser
Illustrious Grateful Dead Quotes about Inspiration:
Inspiration is a feeling of enthusiasm that excites or stimulates you to do something creative. Inspiration is what we get from someone or something that helps us to think in some creative way and that drives someone from apathy to possibilities.
Inspiration can be anything a smile, an honest compliment, kind words, or a touch intended to support. Here are some grateful dead quotes that will help you to get inspired.
21. “Don’t be a collector of more than you need, got a lot of things growing, but keep watching your seeds.” – Grateful Dead, One thing to try.
22. “Say what I mean and I don’t give a damn, I do believe and I am who I am.” –Liberty
23. “There’s a lot there to enlarge you. That’s part of the value of being in an extended family is that it enlarges you. It makes you bigger. It makes you more.” –Jerry Garcia
24. “Each person makes their own decision about what it is that is happening, whether they like it or don’t like it, whether they want to lend their energy to it or not or what, you know.” – Jerry Garcia
25. “It’s not enough to be the best at what you do. You must be perceived as the only one who does what you do. ” – Jerry Garcia
26. “I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive” – Touch of Grey
27. “And when you don’t have to talk to the person next to you, that’s really clean. Takes a certain thing not to try to keep anything up, not to have to entertain one another.” – Jerry Garcia
28. The great thing is the thing of being able to see things through many points of view. That’s enlarging. I mean, it saves you from ultimately from the boredom of having one point of view, like being locked in a room with nothing but your own point of view, your own references.” – Jerry Garcia
29. “If you’re able to enjoy something, to devote your life to it, or a reasonable amount of time and energy, it will work out for you.” – Jerry Garcia
Soothing Grateful Dead Lyrics Quotes:
Grateful dead was a rock band and was famous for its live performances. In the grateful dead band, there were two lyricists Robert Hunter and John Perry Barlow at that time and they commonly used themes like love and loss, life and death, chaos and order, and other religious themes.
Lyrics affects our emotions. When we listen to a song with good lyrics we become happier but when we listen to a sad song, we tend to feel a decline in our mood. That’s how lyrics control our emotions. Listening to a song with violent lyrics will have a harmful impact on young people while lyrics with positive messages will not only motivate then but it will also have a positive impact on young people.
Like Grateful dead quotes their lyrics also have a positive and soothing impact on people of that time and that’s why grateful death was one of the famous psychedelic bands of that time.
Some grateful dead quotes containing mesmerizing lyrics are given below:
30. “I’m still walkin’, so I’m sure that I can dance.” – Saint of Circumstance
31. “Sorry that you feel that way, the only thing there is to say Every silver lining’s got a touch of grey” –Touch of Grey
32. “Baby please, squeeze me tight (squeeze me tight) Now, don’t you want your baby to feel all right? ” –(Feel all right)| Good Lovin
33. “All you need, all you really need: good lovin’ Because you got to have lovin’ Everybody got to have lovin” – Good Lovin
34. “Two broken hearts Neither one knows what to say Both falling for love But not quite all the way ” – ’til the Mornin’ Comes
35. “California, a prophet on the burning shore
California, I’ll be knocking on the golden door” – Estimated Prophet
36. “Like an angel, standing in a shaft of light
Rising up to paradise, I know I’m gonna shine” – Estimated Prophet
37. “Long train running from coast to coast,
bringing home the party where they need it the most” –Might As Well
38. “Standing on the moon
With nothing else to do
A lovely view of heaven
But I’d rather be with you” – Standing on the moon
39. “I know you rider, gonna miss me when I’m gone
Gonna miss your baby, from rolling in your arms” – I know you rider
Jerry Garcia was a member of the grateful dead band. He was an American famous singer and songwriter and he played an important role in the grateful dead band as a lead guitarist and vocalist. He was a leader and a spokesman of the group. His sayings were considered very effective.
Here are some famous grateful dead quotes of Jerry Garcia and other members of the grateful band:
40. “Live life expecting the worst, hoping for the best, and living for the future!” – Jerry Garcia
41. “Don’t lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. ” – Grateful Dead, Ship Of Fools
42. “A foolish heart will call on you to toss your dreams away, then turn around and blame you for the way you went astray. ” – Grateful Dead, Foolish Heart
43. “You got to listen to the heavens, you got to try to understand. The greatness of their movement is just as small as it is grand.” – Grateful Dead, Walk In The Sunshine
44. “When life looks like easy street, there is danger at your door.” – Grateful Dead, Uncle John’s Band
45. “If you are going to develop beast technology, you want to start by having cage technology. You want to make the rules first, you know.” – Jerry Garcia
Inspirational Grateful Dead Quotes About Life:
Life is very unpredictable. Nobody knows what will happen at the next moment so it’s better to live it fully with happiness. Life is full of tragedies good days will give you happiness and bad days will give you experience.
In life, inspiration is very important. It helps us to do some creative in our life, to tolerate the ups and downs to fight with them. It gives us a feeling of energy or to expand our perspective so that we can deal with every difficult situation that encounters in our life.
Grateful dead quotes have many inspirational sayings about life to motivate them and to help than to live their life with happiness and joy. They mainly emphasized what is life, how to deal with troubles, and to live it happily. Some life-changing grateful dead quotes are:
46. “What is life but being conscious? And good and evil are manifestations of consciousness. If you reject one, you’re not getting the whole thing that’s there to be had.” – Jerry Garcia
47. “I’d rather be a free man in my grave
Than living as a puppet or a slave”| The Harder They Come
48. “Cherish well your thoughts, and keep a tight grip on your booze,
‘Cause thinkin’ and drinkin’ are all I have today”| Mexicali Blues
49. “I’ll drink your health, share your wealth,
Run your life, steal your wife” – U.S. Blues
50. “Don’t tell me your troubles, I’ve got enough of my own
Be thankful you’re living, drink up and go home”
-Drink Up and Go Home
51. “I don’t know what life will show me
But I know what I’ve seen
I can’t see where life will lead me
But I know where I’ve been”
52. “We’re just inviting adventure into our life, and adventure carries a little baggage.” – Bob Weir
53. “We would all like to be able to live an uncluttered life, a simple life, a good life.” – Jerry Garcia
Heart-Wrenching Grateful Dead Quotes About Death
One of the worst things a person can experience is the death of his loved ones. When someone we love is taken away, we overcome it by shock and denial which leads to prolonged sadness and depression, despite knowing that it’s the natural part of our life.
Death is horrifying. Losing the people that are in communication with us can cause emotional turbulence and distress in our life. One can overcome it when there are love and support of family and society.
In Grateful dead quotes, it is clearly said that death is part of the natural process and sooner or later we all have to die. So we will have to accept it instead of denying it. Here are some heart wrenching grateful dead quotes about death:
54. “I mean, whatever kills you kills you, and your death is authentic no matter how you die.” – Jerry Garcia
55. “I’d rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.” – Grateful Dead, The Harder They Come
So these all are the Grateful Dead Quotes about every aspect of our life either it is love or sorrow, life or death, inspirational or religious. They elucidate every emotion beautifully in the form of grateful dead songs. Grateful dead quotes are full of inspiration for people. They explained the reality of life in a very astonishing way.
Grateful Dead was famous for its songs carrying messages for people and for their music style. For this reason, this band was ranked 57th by Rolling Stone magazine in its The Greatest Artists of All Time issue. After this, they achieved very fame and sold many of their albums.