Doc Holliday Quotes
40 Best Doc Holliday Quotes of his Life
Doc Holliday Quotes is full of lessons for the readers. It will give you the inspiration to stand up for what you believe, to be a loyal friend to someone and it will also cheer you up.
John Henry Doc Holliday was born on 14 August 1851, in Griffin, Georgia. He was a famous gambler, gunfighter and a dentist by profession. He was a best friend of Lawman Wyatt Earp. They both were deputized in Tombstone, Arizona. They both were legendary personalities after the famous gunfight at the O.K Corral.
Doc Holliday’s father was a trained pharmacist and he served in the Mexican American war and the civil war. When Doc Holliday was just 15, his mother died of tuberculosis. It was a big shock for him as he was very close to his mother. His father didn’t bear this loss and he remained only three months later.
When he was 19 years old he left home for Philadelphia. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree at the age of 20 from Pennsylvania College of Dental Surgery.
In Doc Holliday quotes some are based on the tombstone movie inspired by the character of Doc Holliday, some are inspirational for the admirer of Doc Holliday and some for the aesthetic pleasure of the peoples.
Here are some Doc Holliday Quotes about Life that he struggled throughout and Doc Holliday quotes about friends:
1. “There is no normal life, there’s just life.” – Doc Holliday
2. “If I thought you weren’t my friend, I just don’t think I could bear it.” – Doc Holliday
3. “Dave Rudabaugh is an ignorant scoundrel! I disapprove of his very existence. I considered ending it myself on several occasions but self-control got the better of me.” – Doc Holliday
4. “I feel it’s about to get weird.” – Doc Holliday
5. “Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself.” – Doc Holliday
6. “Conflict follows wrongdoing as surely as flies follow the herd.” – Doc Holliday
7. “When will you wake up? You wouldn’t know a normal life if it bit you in the ass.” – Doc Holliday
8. “Make no mistake, it’s not revenge he’s after. It’s a reckonin.” – Doc Holliday
9. “If you fellows have been hunted from one end of the country to the other as I have been, you’ll understand what a bad man’s reputation is built on. I’ve had credit for more killings than I ever dream of.” – Doc Holliday
10. “I enjoyed about as much of this as I could stand.” – Doc Holliday
11. “You’re the only human being in my entire life that ever gave me hope.” – Doc Holliday
12. “Ed, what an ugly thing to say. Does this mean we’re not friends anymore? You know, Ed, if I thought you weren’t my friend, I just don’t think I could bear it.” – Doc Holliday
13. “We started a fight we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?” – Doc Holliday
14. “Indeed sir, the last charge of Wyatt Earp and his immortals.” – Doc Holliday
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Most Famous Tombstone Doc Holliday Quotes:
Tombstone doc holiday quotes are about the gunfight that happened at the tombstone. Tombstone is an American western film directed by George P. Cosmatos. It is a film based on the events of Tombstone, Arizona. It includes the gunfight at the O.K. Corral and the Earp Vendetta Ride.
Tombstone story was based on the life of two gunfighters Doc Holliday and Wyatt Earp, they both were best friends. Gunfight at the O.K. Corral was a 30-sec shootout between Lawmen and Cowboys. It was the most famous shootout in the history of west America.
Val Kilmer plays the role of Doc Holliday. This film was released on December 25, 1993, by Hollywood pictures in theater and it was a super hit film ranked by critics. It was given an average score of 6.26 out of 10. This film was also in the top 10 films of that year. A book about the film The Making of the Tombstone was also published in 2018. Some of the Val Kilmer Doc Holliday Quotes of the film are:
15. “You’re no daisy! You’re no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung.” – Doc Holliday
16. “ It seems poker just ain’t your game! I know… How about a spelling contest? – Doc Holliday
17. “I said poker’s an honest trade. Only suckers buck the tiger. The odds are all with the house. – Doc Holliday
18. “It’s true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist.” – Doc Holliday
19. “You tell ’em I’m coming, and hell’s coming with me, you hear? Hell’s coming with me!” – Doc Holliday
20. “I’m Dying How Are You?” – Doc Holliday
21. “Why, Johnny Ringo. You look like someone just walked over your grave.” – Doc Holliday
22. “Oh, Johnny, I’m sorry. I forgot you were there. You may go now. – Doc Holliday
23. “Maybe poker just isn’t your game. I’ve got an idea let’s have a spelling contest. – Doc Holliday
24. “Why should I obtain by a force that which I can obtain by cheating?” – Doc Holliday
25. “We started a fight we never got to finish. Play for blood, remember?” – Doc Holliday
26. “Say goodbye to me. Go grab that spirited actress and make her your own. Take that beauty from it, don’t look back. Live every second. Live right on to the end. Live Wyatt. Live for me. Wyatt, if you were ever my friend, if you ever had even the slightest of feelin’ for me, leave now. Leave now. Please.” – Doc Holliday
27. “A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it.” – Doc Holliday
28. “You know why I’m here. My hypocrisy only goes so far.” – Doc Holliday
29. “Damn it, you’re the most fallible, stubborn, self-deluded, bullheaded man I’ve ever known in my entire life.” – Doc Holliday
Most Memorable Doc Holliday Quotes:
When Doc Holliday was 21 years he earned his degree in dentistry. He started his practice in Griffin, Georgia. Doc Holliday was born with a cleft palate. He undergoes much corrective surgery for it, but his speech needed considerable work for correction. His mother works a lot to correct his speech and she also imparted southern culture and manners which was reflected in Doc’s behavior throughout life.
But soon he was diagnosed with tuberculosis, a disease that took the life of his mother. After being diagnosed he moves to American southwest thinking that its environment would ease his symptoms. There he became a gambler and he also saved the life of Wyatt Earp and they become close friends after.
In doc holiday quotes, he mentioned his best friend Wyatt Earp in many places as he is the only lifetime friend of him. Also, Wyatt Earp said about Doc Holliday that I found him a loyal friend and good company. Some of the best Doc Holliday Quotes and real doc Holliday quotes are listed below:
30. “Conflict follows wrongdoing as surely as flies follow the herd. ” – Doc Holliday
31. “I’m your huckleberry.” – Doc Holliday
32. “It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.” – Doc Holliday
33. “Yes, but there’s just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don’t know, reminds me of, me. No. I’m sure of it, I hate him.” – Doc Holliday
34. “Poor soul, you were just too high strung.” – Doc Holliday
35. “I have two guns. One for each of ya.” – Doc Holliday
36. “Forgive me if I don’t shake hands.” – Doc Holliday
37. “It appears he missed an excellent chance to keep his mouth shut.” – Doc Holliday
38. “Weave a circle round him thrice, /And close your eyes with holy dread, For he on honey-dew hath fed, And drunk the milk of Paradise.” – Doc Holliday
39. “I’m afraid the strain was more than he could bear. Oh, I wasn’t quite as sick as I made out.” – Doc Holliday
40. “Run. Take that girl and start running. Run and don’t look back. All your life you been running and looking back and just barely existing and calling it getting by. This time run and don’t look back and call it living. Live every second, live it right up to the hilt. Live, Wyatt, Live for me.” – Doc Holliday
41. “My dear, it appears that we may have to re-define the nature of our relationship.” – Doc Holliday
These all are the Doc Holliday Quotes that will inspire you and it will help you to live your life to the fullest. Doc Holliday was a man with a captivating life story. He was a calm and tempered gentleman. Nationally he was a famous gambler and a gunfighter during his life.
Doc Holliday quotes is also about Johnny Ringo, one of the long term enemies of doc holiday, who was found dead on July 14, 1882, in west turkey creek valley, in a low fork of a large tree. His death was officially ruled as suicide but in the book I Married Wyatt Earp, it was mentioned that he was killed by doc Holliday.
Doc Holliday was died at the age of 36 due to tuberculosis at the Hotel Glenwood on November 8, 1887. He killed more than a dozen men, as he was a brave shooter in the history of America. Doc Holliday quotes is famous among his fans and they also remind the bravery and struggle of this iconic legend by reading these doc holiday quotes.