Alice in Wonderland Quotes
95+ Most Famous Alice in Wonderland Quotes
Alice in Wonderland Quotes are based on the fantasy story of a young girl Alice. Alice in wonderland is an American fantasy adventure movie released in 2010. It is directed by Tim Burton and written by Linda Woolverton. The film cast includes Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Crispin Glover, Johnny Depp, Matt Lucas, and Mia Wasikowska, inspired by Lewis Carroll’s fantasy novels, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass, and Walt Disney’s 1951 animated film.
The film is based on the story of 19-year-old Alice Kingsleigh, once she attends a garden party at Lord Ascot’s estate. At the party, she faces an unwanted proposal by lord Ascot’s son, Hamish. She got confused about how to proceed with this so she chases a rabbit wearing a blue waistcoat and carrying a pocket watch. Accidently she falls in the rabbit hole, where she enters a small door by drinking water called Pishsalver and emerges in the magical place called wonderland.
She was received by a white rabbit, a Dodo, Talking Flowers, a Dormouse, and twins named Tweedledee and Tweedledum In wonderland. They all know Alice, Alice was thinking that it was a dream while the rabbits were thinking that whether she is the right Alice who will restore the white Queen by slaying Red Queen’s Jabberwocky on Frabjous Day. This was foretold by the Caterpiller and his Oraculum. The Alice in wonderland Quotes is based on fantasy, magic, and adventurers of Alice.
The jungle world is ambushed by beast Bandersnatch and playing-cards called Red Knights conduct by the Knave of Hearts, while Alice and Tweedles escape into the woods, and the knave steals the Caterpiller’s Oraculum.
Tweedles are traped by Red queens large Jubjub Bird. The Knave informs the red queen that Alice threatens them. The Red queen ordered the Knights and Bloodhound to search for Alice. Alice is greeted by a grinning vanishing Cheshire Cat when she enters the Tulgey Woods. Cheshire Cat shows her the way to Mad hatter. When she met hatter, hatter explains to her why he joined the resistance. Later the Mad Hatter helped her to restore the white queen by slaying red queens Jabberwocky.
On Frabjous day. The Red Queen sent his army against Alice. Alice fights jabberwocky and finally defeats him. Catapult stone kills the Jubjub bird. The Frabjous day has ended and the white queen is restored. The Knave attempts to kill the red queen but hatter saves her. white Queen presents Alice a vial of the Jabberwocky’s purple blood as a reward whose power will bring her whatever she wishes.
After she back to England he refuses the proposal of Hashim and gives an idea of establishing oceanic trade routes to Hong Kong to Lord Ascot’s, he gets inspired by her idea and decides to take her to the apprentice.
Some of the Best Alice in Wonderland Quotes are listed below:
1.“How funny it’ll seem to come out among the people that walk with their heads downwards! The antipathies, I think” — Chapter 1, Down the Rabbit-Hole
2. “Curiouser and curiouser!” —Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
3. “It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” — Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
4. “Oh, how I wish I could shut up like a telescope! I think I could, if only I knew how to begin.” For, you see, so many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to think that very few things indeed were really impossible.” — Chapter 1, Down the Rabbit-Hole
5. “It was all very well to say “Drink me,” but the wise little Alice was not going to do that in a hurry. “No, I’ll look first,” she said, “and see whether it’s marked ‘poison’ or not.” — Chapter 1, Down the Rabbit-Hole
6. “But it’s no use now,” thought poor Alice, “to pretend to be two people! Why, there’s hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!” — Chapter 1, Down the Rabbit-Hole
7. “I wish I hadn’t cried so much!” said Alice, as she swam about, trying to find her way out. “I shall be punished for it now, I suppose, by being drowned in my own tears! That will be a queer thing, to be sure! However, everything is queer to-day.” – Alice
8. “When I used to read fairy tales, I fancied that kind of thing never happened, and now here I am in the middle of one!” – Chapter 4, The Rabbit Sends in a Little Bill
This was the thought of Alice about the fantasy world when she was in England. But when she came to wonderland it was all opposite to her thoughts.
9. “And what is the use of a book,” thought Alice, “without pictures or conversations?” – Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
10. “How do you like the Queen?” said the Cat in a low voice.
“Not at all,” said Alice: “she’s so extremely—” Just then she noticed that the Queen was close behind her, listening: so she went on “—likely to win, that it’s hardly worth while finishing the game.” — Chapter 8, The Queen’s Croquet Ground
11. “Well! I’ve often seen a cat without a grin,” thought Alice; “but a grin without a cat! It’s the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life!” —Chapter 6, Pig and Pepper
12. “A slow sort of country!” said the Queen, “Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!” —Alice to the Red Queen, Alice Through the Looking Glass, by Lewis Carroll
13. “I suppose I ought to eat or drink something or other, but the great question is ‘What?’” — Alice
14. “But it’s no use now,” thought poor Alice, “to pretend to be two people! Why, there’s hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!” — Alice
15. “I’m older than you, and must know better.” — Chapter 3, A Caucus-Race and a Long Tale
16. “How puzzling all these changes are! I’m never sure what I’m going to be, from one minute to another.” – Alice
All the things in wonderland were strange for Alice. she thoughts of fantasies of wonderland but it was all different as wonderland is full of cruel and arrogant people.
17. “There’s a large mustard-mine near here. And the moral of that is — the more there is of mine, the less there is of yours.” –Alice
18. “The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. “Where shall I begin, please your Majesty?” he asked. “Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop” – Alice
Incredible Alice in Wonderland Cheshire Cat Quotes:
Cheshire cat is the fictional character in wonderland and a cat of the duchess. Alice meets her first time in wonderland when she leaves the Duchess house. Alice finds her in a tree. It grins from time to time and possesses the ability to disappear and reappear whenever it wants. Cheshire cat was the only in wonderland who teaches the rules of wonderland to Alice and he always listens to her.
He is a pink cat with purple strips on it, having a permanent smile on his face. He is very mysterious having a mad personality like other members of wonderland but he is the only one who proudly admits it. Here are some of the Famous Alice in Wonderland Quotes about Cat Cheshire are listed below:
19. “Haste makes waste, so I rarely hurry. But if a ferret were about to dart up my dress, I’d run.” ― Cheshire Cat
20. “How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your condition is not permanent. You’re lucky, too. Red eyes suit so few.” ― Cheshire Cat
21. “We’re all mad here.”― Cheshire Cat
Cheshire cat thinks that all the characters in wonderland are mad but he is the only one who proudly accepts it.
22. “Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the cat. ‘We’re all mad here.” –“We’re all mad here.”― Cheshire Cat
23. “Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?”
The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?”
“I don’t know,” Alice answered.
“Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?” – Cheshire Cat
24. “‘Have I gone mad?’ ‘I am afraid so, you are entirely bonkers. but I will tell you a secret… all the best people are.‘” ― Cheshire Cat
25. “When you’ve understood this scripture, throw it away. If you can’t understand this scripture, throw it away. I insist on your freedom.” ― Cheshire Cat
26. “You just go where your high-top sneakers sneak, and don’t forget to use your head.”― Cheshire Cat
27. “I’m not crazy. My reality is just different than yours.”― Cheshire Cat
Cheshire cat is mad having a crazy smile all the time on his face. He does many blunders due to his behaviors. He thinks he is not crazy but different from others.
28. “How do you run from what is inside your head?” ― Cheshire Cat
29. “When the day becomes the night and the sky becomes the sea, when the clock strikes heavy and there’s no time for tea; and in our darkest hour, before my final rhyme, she will come back home to Wonderland and turn back the hands of time.” ― Cheshire Cat
30. “Alice asked the Cheshire Cat, who was sitting in a tree, “What road do I take?” The cat asked, “Where do you want to go?” “I don’t know,” Alice answered. “Then,” said the cat, “it really doesn’t matter, does it?”― Cheshire Cat
31. “I knew who I was this morning, but I have changed a few times since then.” ― Cheshire Cat
32. “Well, some go this way, and some go that way. But as for me, myself, personally, I prefer the short-cut.” ― Cheshire Cat
33. “If you don’t know where you are going any road can take you there.” – The Cheshire Cat
34. “I went to a hunting party once, I didn’t like it. Terrible people. They all started hunting me!”
I don’t like the looks of it: however it can kiss my hand if it likes
I’d rather not remarked the Cat.” ― Cheshire Cat
35. “If you’re gonna make it to the top, get a grip on this rock, and get a grip on yourself.”― The Cheshire Cat
Astonishing Alice in Wonderland White Rabbit Quotes
The white rabbit is the fictional character of wonderland White rabbit is the first character of wonderland Alice encounters. Alice enters in wonderland by following him. She first saw him at the riverbank with his older sister. She followed him and ended up seeing him jumping in a hole, Alice ran after him into the hole. This hole ended up in the wonderland.
The white rabbit is confident enough and always in a hurry. In wonderland, while walking she encounters the white rabbit house. White rabbits as in hurry mistaken her for his housemaid Mary Ann. He ordered her to his gloves and a fan. During the whole wonderland journey of Alice, the white rabbit is a kind of guide for Alice. Later it was found that he is a herald in the Queen of Heart’s court. Some of the Alice in Wonderland Quotes about White Rabbit are mentioned below:
36. “Don’t just do something, stand there… Uh… no no! Go go! Go get my gloves! I’m late!” – The White Rabbit
37. “The Duchess! The Duchess! Oh my dear paws! Oh my fur and whiskers! She’ll get me executed, as sure as ferrets are ferrets!” – The White Rabbit
38. “We need a lazard with a liddle… a lad… can you help us?” – The White Rabbit
39. “Oh, my fur and whiskers! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” – White Rabbit
Although the white rabbit is always in a hurry in every situation he never reaches on time on any occasion no matter how fast he runs. He thinks he is always late on every important date.
40. “The hurrier I go, the behinder I get.” – The White Rabbit
The white rabbit is always in a hurry and nervous. When Alice sees her he was in a hurry because he is the herald of the queen and he is almost late to announce her arrival.
41. “Her Imperial Highness, Her Grace, Her Excellency, Her Royal Majesty, the Queen of Hearts! [Crowd cheers] … And the King.” – The White Rabbit
42. “I’m late, I’m late! For a very important date! No time to say ‘hello, goodbye,’ I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” – The White Rabbit
43. “Your Majesty, members of the jury, loyal subjects… and the King… the prisoner at the bar stands accused of enticing Her Majesty, the Queen of Hearts, into a game of croquet, thereby and with malice of forethought, molesting, tormenting, and otherwise annoying our beloved.” – The White Rabbit
44. “Why, Mary Ann! What are you doing out here?”– The White Rabbit
45. “Oh, my fur and whiskers! I’m late, I’m late, I’m late!” – The White Rabbit
46. “Oh, no no! No no! No! You’ll get crumbs in it!” – The White Rabbit
Famous Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Quotes:
Tarrant hightop also is known as Mad Hatter is one of the most important fictional characters of Alice in wonderland. In Cheshire cat view, the Hatter and March Hare both are mad. He is the maker of hats, poisoned by mercury. The orange color of his hair is due to mercury.
He joined the resistance to end the bloody rule of the Red Queen. The hatter met Alice in her childhood when she was only nine years. They become friends and they both enjoy tea together. Alice forgets all these memories because she was away from Underland for many years. Now they met again when she is nineteen years of age.
The mad hatter decided to help Alice to restore the White Queen and to save wonderland from the bloody rules of the Red Queen. Some of the best Mad Hatter Alice in Wonderland Quotes are given below:
47. “Alice did not wish to offend the Dormouse again, so she began very cautiously: “But I don’t understand. Where did they draw the treacle from?” – Mad Hatter
48. “You can draw water out of a water-well,” said the Hatter; “so I should think you could draw treacle out of a treacle-well–eh, stupid?” – Mad Hatter
49. “We’re all quite mad here. You’ll fit right in.” – Mad Hatter
In wonderland, everything is very strange for Alice. The behavior of characters is not understandable by Alice. Mad hatter relaxes her by saying that we all are mad here.
50. “What a regrettably large head you have. I would very much like to hat it. I used to hat The White Queen, you know. Her head was so small.” –Mad Hatter
51. “Your hair wants cutting,′ said the Hatter. He had been looking at Alice for some time with great curiosity, and this was his first speech.” –Mad Hatter
52. “You used to be much more…”muchier.” You’ve lost your muchness.” –Mad Hatter
53. “Really, now you ask me,” said Alice, very much confused, “I don’t think—”
“Then you shouldn’t talk,” said the Hatter. – Mad Hatter
54. “You mean you can’t take less,” said the Hatter: “It’s very easy to take more than nothing.” – Mad Hatter
55. “You have a regrettably large head, I would very much like to bat it.” – Mad Hatter
56. “Take some more tea,” the March Hare said to Alice, very earnestly.
“I’ve had nothing yet,” Alice replied in an offended tone: “so I ca’n’t take more.”
“You mean you ca’n’t take less,” said the Hatter: “It’s very easy to take more than nothing.” – Mad Hatter
57. “Mad Matter: “Have I gone mad?”Alice: “I’m afraid so. You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.”” – Mad Hatter
58. “Have you guessed the riddle yet? the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.”
“No, I give it up, Alice replied: what’s the answer?”
“I haven’t the slightest idea, said the Hatter.” – Mad Hatter
59. “No wonder you’re late, why this watch is exactly two days slow.” — Mad Hatter
60. “You’re entirely bonkers. But I’ll tell you a secret all the best people are.” –Mad Hatter
61. “I want a clean cup, interrupted the Hatter: let’s all move one place on.” –Mad Hatter
62. “Everyone wants some magical solution for their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic.”
63. “When you can’t look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark.” – The Mad Hatter
64. “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?” –Mad Hatter
65. “No wonder you’re late, why this watch is exactly two days slow.” — Mad Hatter
Well known Alice in Wonderland Caterpillar Quotes:
The Blue Caterpillar is one of the fictional characters appearing in the Alice in wonderland. Alice encounters the first time to caterpillar after she has been shrunk to a small size. Initially, she didn’t like a caterpillar as he does not talk to her immediately. After the efforts of Alice, he starts talking but usually in short sentences.
He is very tiny about three inches tall. He was the one who tells Alice to grow and shrink by eating mushrooms. Some of the Caterpillar Alice in Wonderland Quotes and Alice in Wonderland Mushroom Quotes are given below:
66. “Who are you?” said the Caterpillar.
This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, “I—I hardly know, Sir, just at present—at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.”
“What do you mean by that?” said the Caterpillar, sternly. “Explain yourself!”
“I can’t explain myself, I’m afraid, Sir,” said Alice, “because I am not myself, you see.”
The Caterpillar and Alice, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
67. “I wish creatures wouldn’t be so easily offended!”, “You’ll get used to it in time,” said the Caterpillar; and it put the hookah into its mouth and began smoking again.”― Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
68. Caterpillar: By the way, I have a few more helpful hints. One side will make you grow taller…
Alice: one side of what?
Caterpillar: …and the other side will make you grow shorter.
Alice: The other side of what?
Caterpillar: THE MUSHROOM, OF COURSE!
When Alice was tiny she encounters the caterpillar. Initially, she doesn’t like her but later caterpillar shows her the way and helps her to grow by giving her a solution to eat mushroom upon which he is sitting.
Stunning Alice in Wonderland Duchess Quotes:
The Duchess lives in a small palace in wonderland outside the caterpillar forest. She is an antagonist to the Queen of hearts. At first appearance, Alice didn’t like her as she is very ugly and her height is the same to the shoulders of Alice and she rests her chin upon her shoulders which Alice doesn’t like as her chin is very sharp.
The duchess has a Cheshire cat and a child. Alice met her first time in a kitchen where she was sitting having a baby on her lap and the cook was preparing the meal. The second time she met duchess at the queen’s croquet party. Some of the famous Duchess Alice in Wonderland Quotes are given below:
69. “Tut, tut, child!” said the Duchess. “Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.” ― Duchess
70. “If everybody minded their own business,” the Duchess said, in a hoarse growl, “the world would go round a deal faster than it does.”― Duchess
71. “And the moral of that is—‘Be what you would seem to be’—or, if you’d like it put more simply—‘Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.’”– Duchess
72. “Everything’s got a moral, if only you can find it.” – Duchess
73. “And the moral of that is—’Oh, ‘tis love, ‘tis love, that makes the world go round!’” – Duchess
74. “Somebody said,” Alice whispered, “that it’s done by everybody minding their own business!”– Duchess
75. “Ah well! It means much the same thing,” said the Duchess, digging her sharp little chin into Alice’s shoulder as she added, “and the moral of that is—‘Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves.’” – Duchess
Fantastical Alice in Wonderland Queen of Hearts Quotes:
The queen of hearts is one of the fictional characters of Alice in wonderland. She is one of the playing card characters that Alice meets and rules over the wonderland. The queen of hearts is very arrogant, violent, and authoritative. She loves to play croquet with flamingoes and hedgehogs and always she wins, but only by her own rules.
She is one of the playing cards that Alice meets while entering a beautiful garden in the hallway through the door. The queen of hearts is the only power of fear who even dominates over the King of Hearts. Some of the Queen of Hearts Alice in Wonderland Quotes are given below:
76. “Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” – The Queen of Hearts
77. “Off with their heads!” — Queen of Hearts
This is the most famous dialogue of the queen. She is very arrogant and cruel and even her husband fears her. she always talks about the death and order to off the heads of characters who don’t follow her rules.
78. “The Queen turned crimson with fury, and, after glaring at her for a moment like a wild beast, began screaming “Off with her head! Off with—”
“Nonsense!” said Alice, very loudly and decidedly, and the Queen was silent. — Chapter 8, The Queen’s Croquet-Ground
79. “No, no!” said the Queen. “Sentence first—verdict afterwards.”– The Queen of Hearts
Sensational Alice in Wonderland King of Hearts Quotes:
The King of Hearts is one of the main characters appearing in the wonderland. He is the husband of the queen of hearts. When the queen of hearts order beheadings of Alice, king of hearts saves her by saying that she is only a child.
He is a tiny man who loves to sleep. He’s scared of his wife due to her arrogant behavior. He is one of the people that people like due to his kinder behavior. He saves Alice a second time when they hit the queen of hearts. The hatter and March Hare blamed each other and finally put this on Alice, but the king of hearts saves her. Some of the King of Hearts Alice in Wonderland Quotes and Alice in Wonderland Quotes about flowers are given below:
80. “I don’t like the look of it at all,” said the King: “however, it may kiss my hand, if it likes.” —Chapter 8, The Queen’s Croquet Ground
81. “If you didn’t sign it,” said the King, “that only makes the matter worse. You must have meant some mischief, or else you’d have signed your name like an honest man.” — king
82. “Rule Forty-two. All persons more than a mile high to leave the court.”
Everybody looked at Alice.
“I’m not a mile high,” said Alice.”
“You are,” said the King.”
“Nearly two miles high,” added the Queen.”
The King, Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
83. “Begin at the beginning,” the King said, very gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”— king
84. “If there’s no meaning in it,” said the King, “that saves a world of trouble, you know, as we needn’t try to find any.” —Chapter 12, Alice’s Evidence
85. “Begin at the beginning,” the King said, very gravely, “and go on till you come to the end: then stop.” —Chapter 12, Alice’s Evidence
86. “If you didn’t sign it,” said the King, “that only makes the matter worse. You must have meant some mischief, or else you’d have signed your name like an honest man.” —Chapter 12, Alice’s Evidence
Startling Alice in Wonderland Inspirational Quotes
Alice in wonderland quotes is full of inspiration for readers. It inspires people how to face challenges and to cope with turns of events coming into life. Alice inspires people by facing unbelievable and traumatic events in the wonderland, but she didn’t give up.
She fights constantly and risks her life by picking a fight with the King and Queen of Hearts. She didn’t step back in hard times despite she was alone. Some of the courageous and inspirational Alice in Wonderland Quotes are given below:
87. “Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.” — The Cheshire Cat
88. “Who in the world am I? Ah, that’s the great puzzle.” — Alice
89. “You know what the issue is with this world? Everyone wants some magical solution to their problem and everyone refuses to believe in magic.”— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
90. “If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn’t. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn’t be. And what it wouldn’t be, it would. You see?”― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
91. “Alice: How long is forever? White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second.”― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
92. Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that! – The Red Queen
93. “Alice: Have i gone mad?
The Mad Hatter: I’m afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
94. “The best way to explain it is to do it.” — Dodo
95. “People might think you’re crazy for what you believe or wear or say, but it doesn’t matter.” – The Cheshire Cat
Cheshire cat perceives madness ina different way as compared to others that’s why he was the only one who admits it proudly. He doesn’t care what people talk about him.
There all are the amazing and most famous Alice in Wonderland Quotes. This film receives mixed reviews from critics. Alice in Wonderland was released in the United Kingdom and the United States through the Disney Digital 3D, RealD 3D, and IMAX 3D formats. It was nominated at the 68th Golden Globe Awards, including Best Motion Picture. It was the fifth highest-grossing film of all time during its theatrical run and wonderful fantasy film imagine indeed.